When I moved to Chicago, I had to leave my scoot back in cali, though, I did bring my spare motor. With that being said, I’m looking for an xs650 in the Chicagoland area.
I miss her.
Left her with Slim of Slimsfab for two weeks and she came back a brat.
No major changes. She’s running smoofh. So smoofh i bought another xs650 engine. It’s an ‘82 or ‘83. Spine breaking compression. Relatively complete. For a steal at $150. This is going to be fun!
Apparently the desert air of the Phoenix metropolitan is a precious commodity. You should be ashamed to take fore granted the crispy crunchy breaths that can only come from car exhaust fumes, zero breeze, and desert dust collectively swirling into itself in a self burgeoning dust bowl. How dare you taint the purity of arizona dust monsters such as this haboob?
For shame on you for believing that a 31 year old motorcycle won’t do much desecration. For shame on your lungs for wastefully inhaling precious, pulverized javelina piss. For shame on your $19 emissions fee.
The next time you decide to fuck with AZ emissions while running a motorcycle with pod filters, make sure you have the following:
main jet: 145
pilot jet: 45
mix screw: 3 turns
and get yourself some supplies to build a manometer for carb synchronization. Second time is the charm.
Finally, ride away like a boss.
I dropped her…well more like she dropped her gahdermn self.
Air tight. I know because I did a compression test:
1. Get a compression tester. I rented this from Autozone for free. All they ask is you put $40 as down payment. When you return it, you get the $40 back.
2. Remove the spark plug from the engine side you want to test and screw in the compression tester as shown below.
3. Ground the spark plug cap using jumper wire to the engine.
4. Make sure she’s neutral.
5. Do not turn her on which means continue to be fat and ugly.
6. Crank and hold her to full throttle.
7. Kick her over a few times until the gauge needle stops moving further (4-6 times).
8. Looks to be about fine. Somewhere between 140-150 is good.
9. Olivia Munn.